background

Friday, April 20, 2012

My pregnancy so far....

I thought I would answer some of the questions I get asked most often in this post.

Due Date?  September 24, 2012

How was 1st trimester?  It was "okay".  I felt queasy and tired a lot, but I never actually was sick.  That was a huge blessing.

2nd Trimester?  So far nothing much but daily headaches, which are annoying but not unbearable.  The funny thing is that Tylenol doesn't get rid of them only caffeine in tea, which is usually loaded with sugar which I'm trying to avoid.  Go figure.

Registry?  Not yet.  I'm still waiting on the final verdict of the gender before proceeding.  I do, however, have one long Amazon wishlist so all I have to do is plug it in.  Amazon will have most of my stuff (I'll do a post on why that is later).  I will probably register for a few things at Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby (our local baby stores), but they really don't carry much of what I need for the baby.

Food Cravings?  In full force.  For two weeks in the 1st trimester, I ate nothing but salmon and steak.  Then I moved on to salads, then sandwiches, now in the 2nd trimester, I can't stand fish, but I love fried shrimp....and fried chicken.  I eat fried chicken or fried shrimp pretty much once a day.  So strange.  I also enjoy the occasional french fry or hush puppy.  Chicken salad is also a thumbs up if fried chicken or shrimp isn't available.

Names?  We have plenty of girl names and ZERO boys names.  We actually decided on the first girl's name years ago (okay like two years ago).  For some reason, there's no agreement on a boy's name as of yet, and we're following the "Burn the bridge when you get to it" philosophy on that haha!

Bump?  I popped just a few days ago!  YAY!  I am finally beginning to fit into maternity clothes.  I will try to post a bump pic in the near future since I now have something to show off.

Birth?  We are hoping for a natural birth with no meds.  I have done a lot of research on this topic and feel it is what's best for the baby if I can pull it off.  Since this is my first, I really have no idea what kind of pain I will experience, so I reserve the right to change my mind.  *wink*  Ideally, though, I would like a natural water birth, which apparently is possible at the hospital I will be delivering at.

Well, that's all I can think of for right now.  Feel free to leave other questions/comments, and I will get back to you.  Please keep us in your prayers....we will certainly need them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment